Sunday, January 12, 2014

Running Inside with Treadmills (Jan 10th and 11th log)

Sorry about the lack of posts in the past few days. School just started and it's getting super busy, but I am trying to force myself to post more about my workouts so that I can keep a record of how I'm doing. In the past two days that I haven't posted, I spent both of them in the gym, trying to figure out how to run during the rain. I figured, if I run indoors that might be a better idea. I did some research and found out I can run on treadmills at UBC (which I did). So for two days I spent about 30 minutes to 50 minutes on the treadmill at UBC. One thing I have to note is that running inside on a treadmill feels totally different than running outside. The floor of the treadmill is soft compared to the concrete flooring of being outside. This means that if you are training for a marathon, it is not as good because you aren't training your body to be used to concrete floor as much. Also, running while facing the wall can be boring, especially after 40 minutes, you'll notice you start to think funny thoughts like "what did I have for dinner last night... why is the sky blue". The plus side is that you are inside and sheltered from the rain but the downside is, it's different than actually being outside.

Workout Summary:
Friday Jan 10th:
3 miles 
30 minutes
Saturday Jan 11th
5 miles
50 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment