Sunday, January 12, 2014

Running outside

Before going out today, the first thing I said to myself was "OH MY GOD" because the moment I stepped out of my door to go to Downtown to meet my friend for a run, it was freezing cold. The rain was down pouring, and wind was blowing in all different directions. But I thought to myself "I never ran in this kind of weather before, might as well give it a try and see if I like it or not". 
When I got Downtown, I put on my compression t-shirt and my running shorts and I went off running. The beginning felt really cold because the rain was just pouring everywhere and it was hard to see with glasses on. As the run went on and my speed picked up after the warm up, it began to feel better to be running. 
Towards the end of run however, it was so cold that I couldn't feel my arms and hands. I think this was why some people were looking at me funny when I was wearing summer running gear when everyone else was dressed up in warm winter layers.
Note to self: get long sleeve compression shirts and compression underwear

Workout Summary:
10KM
50 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment